4-in-1 USB Cable (Today only!)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Boogsephine, May 2, 2013.

1. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

www.dailysteals.com

I was just looking at USB hubs last night because I'm all out of USB ports with my work Android phone, iPhone 5 and external hard drive plugged in. Not to mention my iPod Classic & Nano using the 30 pin connector and having to swap between the lightning cable and that. Not a bad buy for $6 shipped. They had a pack of 3 lightning cables for $6 shipped 2 or 3 days ago.

I'll have 1 or 2 open USB ports again.. at least until I get a hub and the stand for the back of my iMac.

Specs:

• Charges 3 devices simultaneously
    • Connect your iPod, iPhone or other smartphone to your computer for charging and syncing
    • Lightning 8-pin connector is compatible with Apple iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5th, Nano 7th, iPad 4, iPad mini
    • Apple 30-Pin connector is compatible with Apple iPhone 3G, 3GS,4, 4S, iPod, iPad 1, 2 & 3
    • Micro USB connector is compatible with Samsung Galaxy SIII, HTC One and most smartphones
    • Proprietary 30-Pin Samsung connector for Galaxy Tabs, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2 and more
    • 30-Pin connector features reversible design enabling Apple 30-Pin on one side and Samsung 30-Pin on the other side
    • Fast USB 2.0 Connection
    • Innovative 4-in-1 design for easy storage and portability
    • Compatible with any USB wall charging adapter
    • Measures approximately 1 ft. in length

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

yup, and when you connect it to your expensive rMBP/MBP the Mac will shut down with all kinds of problem, and yes this can happen, just a few weeks ago there was a user here with a cheap lightning cable, connected it and the MBP instantly powered of, had to go to Apple to solve it!

3. Boogsephine thread starter macrumors 6502

Good to know! I'll have to be careful with it and test them out on my old MacBook that I rarely use anymore. I've been using a generic iPod (30 pin cable) for about 5 years now with no issues but lets hope nothing will arise from this adapter.

Thanks for the info!

4. ColdCase macrumors 68030

I have always had problems with octopus cables. Rarely with discrete.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

The "Charges 3 devices simultaneously" part scares me. I would then guess it would either a) draw 2-3 times the amount of normal power, which can be dangerous, or b) the devices only charge at 33-50% of the normal rate, meaning they will take 2-3 times longer to charge.

I would just get a USB hub and stay away from that cable, regardless of the price.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

7. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Semi-related, but I had a 30-pin to Lightning converter cable, 3rd party from Amazon, and after a few weeks, my girlfriend smelled smoke and it was on fire :eek:

Luckily, her iPhone, nor the charger, were ruined. But damn, if we weren't home, who knows what could have happened!

I replaced it with a 3rd party lightning cable that died within a week :(

Moral of the story: Be wary of non-certified cables for Apple devices.