4" iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jkim3691, Sep 20, 2014.

1. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

I want to start off and say I personally love the new design, the thinness, the curved edges all make for a premium feel with this device. I received my 6 in space gray on friday and started using it today. Now I have by no means small hands and reaching parts of the screen isn't too difficult. I just feel silly with this big slab of a phone next to my ear and carrying it in my hand. I felt really in control of my 5 and laughed at my 4s when I got it because the screen size felt so ridiculous with it being 3.5". I can't say I feel the same way this time going from 4" to 4.7". I'm not savoring the extra screen space on my 6. I actually am contemplating exchanging it for a 5s just so I can go back to a smaller phone. So I was just wondering what the feedback is like for the idea of a 4" version of the 6? I was telling a friend that I'd be all over that. As for now, I'll continue to give this 4.7" a shot but if in a week I still feel the same I might have to do the exchange.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

If Apple simply slapped in an A8, focus pixels, and ApplePay into the 5s I'm sure there would be tons of people lining up to get it instead of being forced to use a 4.7-inch device.

3. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

I would line up for that one.

It's not that hard for Apple to offer identical phones, just in 3 different screen sizes. I don't care if the 5s isn't 6.9 mm thin. Make 7.6mm thin and round the edges or whatever, just do not stop making 4" iphones. The 5s can handle another 3 years of duty, but Apple do not stop making 4" phones. Look at the Z1 Compact--that phone did better than most people thought it would simply b/c of its screen size. The 4" form factor is not dead. Last time I checked, it is still possible to make a profit selling a 4" phone, and consumers can count to 3: do i want a 4, 4.7, or 5.5 inch phone, so it will not make Apple look like it's taking a shotgun and undisciplined approach.

We'll have an interesting idea what Apple is thinking next year regarding screen sizes.
    Will they offer a 4" phone once the iphone 6 moves down to the "low end?"

If a 4.7" screen is the smallest that Apple offers, I might as well consider Android since if I'm going to lug around something that big, I'll get one that offers a bigger battery inside. My HTC One M8 has alot longer battery life than an iPhone 6 (1800 mah vs 2600 mah). No chip or OS is going to overcome that big of a raw battery disparity.

4. uchosen macrumors 6502

Oh, man wouldn't that be a monster :eek: Hopefully the 4" stays around as a "mini" version of the iPhone.

5. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I think they will continue to push the 4.7" and 5.5" sizes next year. However, I think they should have a 4" version next year too. It's nice to have all 3 sizes and to have them all share the same specs like the iPads.