iPhone 4 jailbreak gone wrong

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Weezio03, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Weezio03 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I apparently un-jailbroke my iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1.2) by deleting all my Cydia tweaks and then deleting the the Cydia installers and then Cydia its self and i resprung my iPhone and now most of my apps will open and then crash shortly after it has opened. They were mostly apps that needed internet like Instagram Snapchat and Safari ect. I've already tried to re-jailbreak my phone but pangu wont pickup the device i desperately need my iPhone to be in a working state (re-jailbroken or not). Anyone have a clue on what i should do
    thanks

2. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Well, the easy way out is to restore the device via iTunes. You'll certainly lose any chances of re-jail breaking it ( for now ) as it will put your device on the newest firmware. I'm not sure exactly what you deleted but re-jail breaking it may be possible..... Pangu not recognizing the device might be a driver error. Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed, then close it before running the jailbreak tool. You mentioned respring, but what about hard resetting the device? It may act differently after rebooting it. In the end, be prepared to restore it to new via iTunes. I'm pretty sure that's what you'll end up doing. You'll lose the jb but the phone will be fine.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OP should actually still be good as far as a jailbreak. OP has an iPhone 4 and the highest firmware OP can run is 7.1.2, which still has a jailbreak. Assuming Evasi0ns servers might start working again anyway.

My suggestion, if nothing else works, is to backup in iTunes (to keep your data), restore in iTunes and then restore from your backup.

4. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Forgot the 4 only went to 7.1.2..... I completely agree with your suggestion.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Those were not very smart moves.
    If you want to "unjailbreak" your phone next time either restore it with itunes or use another utility that will remove everything on the phone but keep you jb on the same ios version.
    Never do an erase all command on the iphone or any of the genius steps you did above.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sarcasm detector! Sarcasm detector! :D

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :)
    To the max.
    I dont know what would posses someone to delete all cydia packages, then delete cydia installer and then remove cydia itself and then to think its not jailbroken any more:D

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

There is a way to still jailbreak iOS 7.1.2 without the evasi0n servers, but it requires jumping through hoops

9. Rekan_ macrumors member

Rekan_

Use Pangu 7, Evaison never had a 7.1 jb.

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

my bad, i forgot evasi0n7 was for 7.0-7.0.2

11. Rekan_ macrumors member

Rekan_

7.0-7.0.6 :D

12. PJ. macrumors regular

Shame they didn't make an envasi0n for iOS 8 or 9. Did they split up or stop doing JBs?

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Pangu and Taig got to it first by using a method (revoked certificate) that American jailbreakers either would have gotten in trouble for or would not use (ethically).

The rules are a little different in China. Since that time, it's just been Taig and Pangu working on the public jailbreaks.