4 Month old Macbook Aluminum only getting 3 hours battery time... Suggestions?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by philosopherdog, May 4, 2009.

1. philosopherdog macrumors 6502

philosopherdog

I've got a 4 month old Macbook Aluminum 2.4 ghz. I was getting great battery life for the first couple of months. But I'm now getting 3:10 with screen half light, and wifi on, bt off, doing a bit of downloading, etc. I've recalibrated the battery a number of times. According to activity monitor my cpu is hovering under 10% when I'm doing my battery test. This is at least 2 hours less than I was originally getting. Coconut Battery tells me that the original capacity was 4100, but its currently at 4052. Battery load-cycles are at 97 and it says the Mac is 5 months old. Should I take it in to the Apple store under AppleCare?

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It doesn't look too much out of the ordinary.
    For a while, try changing your charging habits. Try keeping you MB plugged in most of the time, and use it on battery only when you HAVE to. But if you have a plug around, plug it in!
    in most cases, this will help your battery get back in shape. It worked for a friend of mine last week, in just a matter of days he was able to see an improvement.

This is how i've treated mine since day one, and I have 100% health, with 70 cycles, after 6 months.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Thats what I do, im still on 100% health after 184 cycles and over a years use. Just run down the battery every now and again.

4. tdgrn macrumors 6502

+1