4 or 4s? (Not your typical "it's the 4 antennas" answer)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oskioski, Jun 6, 2013.

1. oskioski macrumors newbie

So my friend claims to have an iPhone 4, but it has the body and cell antennas of an iPhone 4S. It doesn't have Siri. Strangely, the back of her phone also doesn't include any of the FCC logos or anything like that, just the word iPhone and the two lines of serial numbers below it. She claims that everything is original and that she bought it at radioshack. It's on the Verizon network if that has anything to do with it.

2. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

GSM iPhone 4 has a slit(break in the antenna aluminum frame) next to the headphone jack. Only the Verizon's CDMA iPhone 4 has the same Antenna as the iPhone 4S, meaning there is no slit next to the headphone jack at the top, due to some hardware enhancement which I'm not very sure. That's why it doesn't have Siri, but looks like an iPhone 4S. :)

Look up reviews on Verizon's version of iPhone 4 if you're still not sure what I'm illustrating.

Edit: Here's a link: http://www.imore.com/verizon-iphone-review. Look under 'Hardware Differences'.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yep as above. The Verizon CDMA iphone 4 came along 6 months or so after the 4 and it's here's a bumper antics ;)

4. oskioski thread starter macrumors newbie

So gsm carriers that had the 4 use the 3 antenna design ( with the break at the top near the headphone jack) but CDMA carriers use the 4S body with the 4 antenna breaks for the 4? And what explains not having the FCC logos and other compliance logos on the back?