4 Out of 5 Computers Already Authorized?! C'mon!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Aug 31, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So I got a new 2G iPod Touch today and when 1st attempting to sync everything it told me it couldn't. Suggesting I needed to first Authorize computer, which I did.

When I did it told me this was my 4th computer of 5 authorized.

I guess i'd like to only have this one Macbook Pro authorized.

What I'm confident is the reason for having 3 other computers authorized is due to that I already owned a 1st Gen iPod Touch less than a year ago. (Same apps from back then of course too). And also even before that owned an iPhone for like a month, which i'm sure counts towards one of those authorizations. Finally, I'm sure I've forgotten to de-authorize accounts before since there was a time when I was messing with a few hard drives, swapping apps and files so I could go from a (then) whitebook with only 80Gb's to a new 500GB HD.

Bottom line is, just to feel good about this, how can I get iTunes to recognize I'm only using this one computer with one iTunes account to be authorized?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

You can have 5 devices connected to your iTunes account. In the account section of iTunes you can elect to have the number reset. You'll have to re-authorize you computer and your touch, but that's no big deal.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

iPods and iPhones do not count against your 5 authorizations. Only computers do. If you reformatted a PC without deauthorizing, that counts against you, ditto if a Mac has its OS wiped/reloaded. Sadly the "Deauthorize All" option only becomes available once you make the 5-count, and will only allow you to do this once per 12-month period. I don't say calendar year, because if you deauthorize all in March, and somehow reauthorize 5 before December, you have to wait until March of the following year to once again Deauthorize All.