4 Separate problems, May be related?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Woodycook, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Woodycook macrumors newbie

Okay, I usually never had a problem with my macbook until the last couple of months. Let me explain.

Firstly my macbook "identifier" shows as 5,1.
    13" Unibody.
    I don't know if this is in the right forums or not, because people tell me this is a macbook pro, although it wasn't called that when I bought it.

Okay anyways... here are the problems:

Problem 1: Screen Flickering

It seems like when I turn on my computer or wake it up from sleep that it has a flickering before it finally comes all the way on. Maybe slightly more on the left side than the right, but that may not be important.

Problem 2: Trackpad Problems

Could be coincidence but I didn't notice any problems with my trackpad until the update came out for the new "magic trackpad" What happens is it gets stuck on "click initiated", if you will. It highlights everything on my screen usually causing me to accidentally move my icons (grrrrr) among other things. Sometimes the mouse won't move at all.

Problem 3: Random Hypnosis

While watching a movie or tv show on my mac it will randomly just go into sleep. Even happens with a fully charged battery.

Problem 4: Time/Date/wallpaper Amnesia

This one doesn't happen much, but it certainly scares the heck out of me thinking something is majorly wrong with my computer. Sometimes when I wake it up from a sleep the date and time are reset, and my wallpaper is reset to the standard macbook wallpaper.

I hope someone can help me figure out all these problems. I keep really good care of my mac and I am devastated to see these errors start popping up. I figure if I just keep letting all these things pile up I'll be screwed in the end, so I need to fix them now.

My applecare has ended, so I hope its nothing too serious...

I have updated my software to the latest, and I am running snow leopard.

Any help is much appreciated!

2. blackburn macrumors 6502a

blackburn

The trackpad one is a known annoyance after the magic trackpad update. Looks like you need to reset the pram and the smc
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

The flicker isn't a really a good sign:(