(4) Stuck Pixels - rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wiznet, Dec 15, 2012.

1. wiznet, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012

wiznet macrumors regular

Hey guys, ever since July my rmbp has been perfect, and I still love it, however four stuck pixels have developed (i believe maybe more, as there are four "dots" however one may consist of more pixels as it is larger).

I've read through these forums many times, and have seen mixed experiences with this.

Since there is no Apple store near me, can they ship a replacement to me, or is that out of the question seeing as I've had the machine for more than two weeks (i'm assuming this is so)?

Second, i've tried massaging them, how long does it take to work? Any other good methods? There was some java applet that supposedly works magic, however you need Java 7 and I am uncomfortable downloading that (unless I am misinformed about java 7 security issues).

So yeah, basic help would be appreciated.

Edit: in case anybody is genuinely curious, it's a Samsung screen.

Edit number two: it turns out i'll drive by an Apple store tomorrow, conveniently. I won't have very long, so if I was to book an appointment, does anybody know how long i'd be in there for?

2. theineffablebob macrumors regular

You can have them ship a prepaid box to you. You put the laptop in the box, ship it to them, they repair it, then they ship it back to you. Takes like 1-2 weeks.

3. wiznet thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, okay. I'll see if I get the opportunity to get anywhere near an Apple store in the next two weeks:p if not, i'll do that. Thanks!