Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
1) The app store never shows a badge on the icon for new updates, and it never gives any notifications - is this something that happens to others? I have to go onto the updates tab to find them.

2) Is there a way to disable the search bit that appears when you swipe down on the middle areas of the homescreen? I do this by accident a lot.

3) Is there a way to stop the quick reply part appearing when I get a text, I'd prefer it to go to the actual messages app when hitting reply on a text alert (hope you understand what I mean).

4) When moving app icons, I have difficulty in moving an icon across a section, is there something I am doing wrong? On my 4 this was so much easier for me.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
1, it's a bug that seems to be fixed in the current beta well at least for me.

2, no

3, settings > notifications > messages.
Depending how you set up the alert type will depend what reply options you get.

4, grasp the app and try to swipe across on a clear section of screen. It's the ui animation of apps moving that seems to have an effect on wether the screen will hop over. I've found that making sure the app is clear of other icons helps

Reactions: tranceking26

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
For question 4, thanks for both of your suggestions. Having a much lighter touch means I can move icons much easier.

For question 3, I have taken screenshots of what I am referring to.

After tapping on view I would like to go to the messages app instead of the reply area seen in the second picture.

Is that possible?

0PBvrlb.png

qhGa9kA.png

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
For question 4, thanks for both of your suggestions. Having a much lighter touch means I can move icons much easier.

For question 3, I have taken screenshots of what I am referring to.

After tapping on view I would like to go to the messages app instead of the reply area seen in the second picture.

Is that possible?

0PBvrlb.png

qhGa9kA.png

These settings will make it open messages (preview is off also)
image.png

Reactions: tranceking26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.