40,000 photos

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by joejoejoe, Aug 14, 2015.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

So--with iCloud photo library I was thrilled that I'd have a way of storing my thousands of photos on my phone without having them in full quality.

From everything Apple promised it seemed like the perfect solution for me, being someone that's owned iPhones since gen 1, is a photographer and loves taking and storing endless photos.

I now have 40,000 photos on my 64gb iPhone 6 and the thing runs slower and freezes more than you can imagine.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I know you're all going to tell me the solution is to just remove the photos from iCloud but I'm digging the easy access to everything.

I'm especially curious to know if there are others out there with the same or similar number of photos who haven't experienced a slow down with their phones.

Any third party app I use that accesses my photo library takes a minute before it shows me any photos to choose from.

When sending text messages, the keyboard freezes and I have to wait for it to catch its breath before I can type again.

Annoyances all around.

Running 8.4.1 but these problems have been happening since 8.4.

2. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

Just saw now it's only 20,000 photos? strange.

this is important to me as it'll determine whether I pay to buy a 6S this september (I don't have a 2 year renewal this time around)