macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
That shows up on red and white backgrounds as dead but fine on others

Its the only one I can find

I bought it in feb 09

I called sams and they said they could exchange it for a new one

Should I do that? Sorta feel like I would be scamming sams but they said to bring it in if it was bugging me and i just started noticing it (hardly ever use the tv) so its not scamming as they are ok with me doing that but still

or am i too ocd

buuuut if i got store credt, i could get a better tv for less as well

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
If their policy lets you return it, then I don't think you're scamming them. I returned a monitor to Dell over one stuck pixel, didn't bother me one bit.

Comment

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
its only seaable in red (looks black), white (looks greenish), yellow (looks greenish)

works fine for black, blue and green

any chance it will just start working again? i tried rubbing it and doing the screen videos to no help lol

Comment

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009
Why don't you return it? That's why they have the policy.

If you chucked a remote at it or something that caused the pixel to get stuck, I could see feeling guilty about it.

But you bought a working TV, and something went wrong with it. Return it or exchange it for a new one! Seriously, this is one of the appeals of buying from a big-box store.

Or you could always keep it until the stuck pixel really starts to bother you, and you're past the return date. ;)

Comment

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
just out of curiousity do all 1080p sets only have a vertical resolution of 1080 pixels or do many larger tvs have more than that?

i tried to look at the difference in pixel size and they seem to be same size on a 40 inch or a 55 incher lol

Comment

iMJustAGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2007
Beach, FL
If their policy lets you return it, then I don't think you're scamming them. I returned a monitor to Dell over one stuck pixel, didn't bother me one bit.
While it is a minute problem, you are paying for a brand new perfect conditioned product.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.