400mb of what?!!!??!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by costeta, Aug 16, 2008.

1. costeta macrumors member

I've installed a few apps on my iphone 3g and anytime I install an app the disk space usage under "Other" bloats by about 15 times the size the of app as advertised in the app store. Does that mean the ones shown in the app store are not the actual space that app takes when u install?

I can sum up the sizes of the all the apps I've installed and it shouldn't add up to 20mb, but I already have 400mb under "Other". I thought apple doesn't do bloatware......:confused:

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

The other is the iPhone software, all the apps, and all the Data that is no in Media I have 645mb of Apps but I have 1.2 gigs of Other!

Its not bloatware!

3. costeta thread starter macrumors member

i mean does the iphone software bloat anytime you install a new app? I had about 160Mb of other the first time I activated the phone, installed two apps that are less than 5mb in total, and Other bloated to 200mb. How about that?

4. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

No..... but even though the app size is less than 5mb there is alot more data that it puts on the iPhone ( I Believe) Settings and other stuff etc....