Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toxicbomber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
spacersin7.png

How many times have you ever wanted blank spaces on your iPod touch or iPhone's springboard? Look no further! I have made a few apps that space out your apps for organization or whatever reason! Simply put the apps onto your applications folder (as many as you want because remember each app is a space you see) and respring or reboot your iPod or iPhone and there you have it. All that is left to do is organize them in customize to put them where you want them. It's not hard and it doesn't take rocket science to figure it out!

Go ahead and download them here:
http://www.box.net/shared/vpzifa8ock

Have fun! I'll make more if you need more!

Prime example of what you can do:
snap123123vj1.png

Apple applications on one page....

snap123215lj0.png

3rd party apps on the other!

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
I'm confused. In this post you say:

I found a way to make the first page look just like the iPhone.. and the next well... 3rd party of course. :) No apps were hidden to get that space. Just 3 apps I made that don't have a UIRoleIdentifier and have a transparent icon. When you touch it, nothing happens.

(emphasis mine)

...but then in this thread you say it's "impossible" for it to do nothing when you touch it.

So which is it? :confused:

albinoAZN

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
added warning

I've never made an iPod app, so I take no responsibility if this is a faulty app. All I did tho was add the following bit of code to the info.plist of blank.app:
Code:
<key>UIRoleIdentifier</key>
	<string></string>
try using this blank.app, I don't have my iPod Touch with me atm.
http://www.box.net/shared/sc8epe38ck

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
None of these seem to work on my 1.1.2 iPod touch. Touching the blank space launches the app... which brings me to a black page that I can't exit from. I have to restart the iPod to get back up and running. I understand that an app-launch is inevitable, but maybe it can immediately and elegantly quit, too?

An iPod touch friendlier version of these would be nice to see. Thanks for sharing.

t0mster

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
anyone have a better version of this app that won't launch anything or will just quit after launching?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.