Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AHMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2015
Apple "Care" ???

Brilliant move, Apple. Charge everyone's card around midnight for Apple Care for $69, making everyone think they'll wake up to find their watch shipped in the morning. Instead, everyone get's bumped to the end of June. Apple "Care" seems more like "Apple Doesn't Care"

Something doesn't add up with the numbers. Things were moving along pretty well and it was looking like April 11 orders were just around the corner, and now all of a sudden there is a 5-6 week gap before pretty much anything is going to ship?

Either this is a glitch in the software that updates order status, or there is some sort of new and even worse supply chain or quality control issue causing this development.

Either way, Apple is failing miserably on this one.

colday

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I think the purpose of the charge (which in my case it is a "pending charge") is just to check that the card is still good, and might possibly be a bank requirement.

I doubt they were messing with us, although it certainly ended up tormenting us! :(

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
I ordered mine on 4/12 at 5:30pm PDT, just updated to June 19-June 26. Was hoping for late May or early June

Tell me there's a typo here. You have an earlier ship date than myself and others here but you ordered in the evening the day after me.

I'm not mad at you, but Apple wtf...?

SkunkworksMac

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
Ordered a black sport band and 42mm Milanese Loop on 04/23. The band has shown a delivery date of 05/26-06/01 for a few weeks now, but today the watch just changed to the same delivery date :)

It's odd how Apple is choosing to ship these if there really are some people who ordered on 04/10-12'ish that are receiving date ranges of 06/22-29.

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
Brilliant move, Apple. Charge everyone's card around midnight for Apple Care for $69, making everyone think they'll wake up to find their watch shipped in the morning. Instead, everyone get's bumped to the end of June. Apple "Care" seems more like "Apple Doesn't Care"

Something doesn't add up with the numbers. Things were moving along pretty well and it was looking like April 11 orders were just around the corner, and now all of a sudden there is a 5-6 week gap before pretty much anything is going to ship?

Either this is a glitch in the software that updates order status, or there is some sort of new and even worse supply chain or quality control issue causing this development.

Either way, Apple is failing miserably on this one.

Maybe, or perhaps they're deliberately giving an awful shipping window to make us feel better with surprise shipments next week.

People within the 5/27 window were getting their watches two weeks or more ahead of time. I agree that this is entirely odd.

Plus, I'm not cool with being charged even a part of the cost to just not have anything to work with here.

----------

Ordered a black sport band and 42mm Milanese Loop on 04/23. The band has shown a delivery date of 05/26-06/01 for a few weeks now, but today the watch just changed to the same delivery date :)

It's odd how Apple is choosing to ship these if there really are some people who ordered on 04/10-12'ish that are receiving date ranges of 06/22-29.

This much doesn't seem to be a big deal, because it seems that the holdup is on the watches themselves, not the bands.

TV777

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
Ordered 4/10 4pm PT
42mm Milanese
Midwestern USA
Shipping window May 29 - June 11
CC not charged
Processing

jabrown93

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Los Angeles
Tell me there's a typo here. You have an earlier ship date than myself and others here but you ordered in the evening the day after me.

I'm not mad at you, but Apple wtf...?

Not a typo, here's a screenshot. I don't understand how Apple is handling this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-05-14 17.15.44.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-14 17.15.44.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 128

SkunkworksMac

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
This much doesn't seem to be a big deal, because it seems that the holdup is on the watches themselves, not the bands.

But then people that ordered it 2 weeks earlier than myself shouldnt be receiving ETA's of late June as opposed to my 05/29-06/01. I would think they would receive theirs first. Just food for thought as to how Apple's software for ETA ranges is working.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Exactly. I ordered my 42mm Milanese Loop on 4/14, and you ordered it over a week later, and get your order, before me? That's nutts

~HavoK

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015

I ordered mine on 4/11 at about 4 pm and my delivery time just updated to 6/22-29. I did only get standard shipping though, would that have anything to do with it?
I'm so frustrated I want to cancel my order, but I still want my watch! I don't even know what to do with all this waiting angst...

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
I ordered mine on 4/11 at about 4 pm and my delivery time just updated to 6/22-29. I did only get standard shipping though, would that have anything to do with it?
I'm so frustrated I want to cancel my order, but I still want my watch! I don't even know what to do with all this waiting angst...

The Apple rep I spoke to today stated all orders are getting free overnight shipping, which has been the case of all orders that people have reported here in the forums.

unixphone

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2008
Ordered 42mm SS with milanese loop on April 10th around 11pm pacific time.
Delivers: 29, May to 11 Jun, 2015.

AHMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2015
I'm going to propose a somewhat unrealistic theory, but it's all I've got.

We are seeing order dates and shipping dates, documented by screen shots which indicate that either Apple is not processing orders in the order they were received, or the order status data is not correct.

Could it be possible that a human was involved in entering some data and mistakenly typed 6/22 - 6/29 when they were supposed to type 5/22 - 5/29?

Honestly, it's really that bad. Does anyone else perceive that something is off by about a month here.

Thanks everyone for your detailed posts including order date, time zone, updates, screen shots, etc...

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
I'm going to propose a somewhat unrealistic theory, but it's all I've got.

We are seeing order dates and shipping dates, documented by screen shots which indicate that either Apple is not processing orders in the order they were received, or the order status data is not correct.

Could it be possible that a human was involved in entering some data and mistakenly typed 6/22 - 6/29 when they were supposed to type 5/22 - 5/29?

Honestly, it's really that bad. Does anyone else perceive that something is off by about a month here.

Thanks everyone for your detailed posts including order date, time zone, updates, screen shots, etc...

Wishful thinking, but it makes me feel better temporarily ;)

colday

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Remember the EODs people got during the first rush? Then many of them found the EOD was way off and they either got it on day one or real early the next week. I'm hoping that we will be pleasantly surprised in the coming days.

12 Apr
June 22-29

AHMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2015
Wishful thinking, but it makes me feel better temporarily ;)

Glad to make you feel better for a few minutes!

After my ordering fiasco on April 10, I re-ordered on April 11. Shortly after, I bought a Microsoft Band to make myself "feel good". It's really quite functional for $199 although not so attractive looking.

The last few hours have made me really think about cancelling my apple watch order, buying an alcatel and waiting for apple watch 2.0.

Anyone else? :cool:

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
If others post are correct that have experianced the same thing you should be ok. I haven't seen anyone "loose their spot in line" so to speak.

I checked with my credit card company and it seems apple charged my Credit Card its a pending charge right now.

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
My order, 4/22, 42mm ML, just changed from June to 5-6wks (June 22 - June 29).

First movement on it i've seen since I've preordered!! I'm extremely happy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.