42mm classic buckle question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by atticus570, May 18, 2015.

1. atticus570 macrumors regular

I can't seem to find this anywear so I figured I would ask here , I ordered the classic buckle because of the ability to change bands and I just in general like the look. One thing I can't seem to find anywhere tho is how wide is the band 22mm or 24mm. Also I know this one probably has a slim chance but if you have a metal link watch that uses a std spring bar would the apple connector fit into where the spring bar goes in the link band ? Thanks for any response

2. flur macrumors 68000

It is unlikely that a metal band of any width would be able to be used with the stock classic buckle attachment as the bar that the band attaches to is noticeably larger than the standard watch band pin. You best bet would be to get one of the 3rd party adapters that uses the standard pin. You'd need to check with the 3rd party maker for what sizes of bands work with their adapters.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/05/04/apple-watch-classic-buckle-band-parts-disassemble/

I believe the 38mm version uses 22mm bands. I'm guessing the 42mm version uses 24mm bands.

4. atticus570 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

----------

That's what I figured the pin looked big any one try click yet?