42mm Space Grey BSB - help

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JamesB123, May 7, 2015.

1. JamesB123 macrumors member

I'm trying to look at the forums and see when people ordered and their status of their orders etc but i'm a bit confused. i see people posting things like xx:05 etc what does this mean?

also i ordered my watch quite late and ordered on 29th April. I'm not expecting mine until June but want to see when people with this watch and near my purchase date are getting updates or actual time frames of their watch being dispatched rather than just June.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

2. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

Xx:05 means the time they got confirmation on initial preorder day. Ex: 12:05am pt or 3:05et which is when ore orders open

3. pilotpat macrumors member

XX:05 would 5 minutes after the store opened for pre-orders.

4. RunningOne macrumors member

:05 has generally referred to 12:05 Pacific or 5 minutes after preorders opened.

Shipping times were pretty spread out over that time frame, so people were usually more granular adding the seconds i.e. :05:23 etc. You can get that by looking at the header of your confirmation email.

5. JamesB123 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help

But how does does it work for example i ordered 29th of April, does this xx:00 stuff not work if it wasn't a pre-order on that exact day?

6. malochico1 macrumors 6502

If you ordered on 29th APRIL. I recommend not even checking the status for a while. It will just make you upset. Right now they are working on first 10 mins of orders from April 10th. So basically anyone who ordered from 2:00am central to 2:10am central.

In your case you may as well forget that you ordered the watch for atleast till end of May. You might get lucky, but doubt it.

7. Spankey macrumors 6502a

The only people using that are those that pre-ordered at the very first moment the store opened. As you can see from most posts, we are still into minutes and not even hours. Apple has not even fulfilled every pre-order. I ordered the same watch two days before you and maybe I will get my watch sometime in June. Other watches are shipping sooner, but it seems like the 42mm SG is the watch in highest demand. Once Apple gets caught up, maybe they will shift manufacturing so that they can pump out more of these watches.

8. JamesB123 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys

Thanks everyone for the help. i am trying my best to even forget i've ordered one (looks like that will be the case before i actually receive it). looks like i picked the most want but yet least made watch, hopefully apple pump up the production for this particular one and get them rolling out. Im not that bothered about it being sent yet or the wait its the fact it just says 'June' (i know like a lot of other people) thats the thing thats driving me crazy. i would rather it say 'we are not shipping it until june 30th' so i can forget about it until then haha!

9. JnDRader macrumors regular

Ordered mine on the 21st. We have a long wait ahead of us. At some point they'll start covering days ordered at a time but probably not until they get to around our order dates. I'm just hoping they don't offer them in store before mine gets delivered. That would just be insulting ;).