45 License Suspensions... But No Driver's License?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mkrishnan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

http://www.freep.com/article/20090826/NEWS01/90826028/1318/Suspect-had-45-license-suspensions

Now say what you want about the ex-engineer thinking pokeyoke is the answer to everything, but you'd think that they'd notice that there was no license to suspend? :D

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, they didn't catch it until the 45th suspension?

The 1st time I can understand. Slight oversight.
    The 2nd time......sure. Just another oversight....something they missed. Happens all the time.

The 5th time.....well....they should have noticed by the 5th time. Perhaps they were short-staffed, or swamped with court cases around that time.

By the 10th time, if I were the boss, I'd start to ask questions.
    By the 20th time, I'd REALLY start to get pissy.
    By the 40th time, I'd probably yell at someone, perhaps threaten someone with a warning. You can't really fire someone in the public sector, so yelling will do.

I would draw the line at the 50th offence. After that, no more mister nice guy.

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Emphasis mine.

4. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah. In some slight consideration for the D, their police are critically understaffed because of their budgetary problems, even in terms of handling violent crime. Although, erm, they did somehow manage to write this woman up 45 times. Not that this is the PRSI, but it creates a dilemma. There's no room in jail for her -- MI is already letting non-violent criminals go... so what does one do with her?

5. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

UPDATE: Yeah, it looks like that was exactly the reason, and she attracted the attention because she got pulled over in an suburb affluent enough to have adequate jail space. :p

http://www.freep.com/article/200908...-space-kept-woman-with-40-tickets-on-the-road