45nm Penyran MB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gettingmy1stmac, Jan 20, 2008.

1. gettingmy1stmac macrumors member

I have seen speculation that the MB will only come with the new 45nm Intel Penryn chips up to 2.4 ghz. Does anyone know anything about this speculation? I'm hoping that they'll come with the 2.5 because the 2.5ghz Penryn has twice as much L2 cache as the 2.4ghz penryn.

My main question is this: does anyone have an idea of when Apple will be upgrading the macbook to include the 45nm chips? I was almost certain this would happen at MWSF since Intel announced the chips the week before at CES. However, I was sadly mistaken.

2. Mac One macrumors member

Not for a while yet. The MBP will be released first as it is the most outdated and, as a Pro machine, deserves the new/better processor first. Once again with the cache they may only have the 6MB with the Pro and if it did come in the MB it would be as a BTO option.
    Have a look at at MR Buyer's guide, the revision is projected to come in about 4 months.

3. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I expect the entire notebook line to be refreshed sometime this year with similar features from the MBair, and with the mobile penryn chips. As far as when specifically? Either July or November.