47 cycles already???? On 2 month old battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobioden, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I bought my Black Macbook on Nov. 22 of 2007. I am at 47 cycles on my battery. Does that sound possible?

I calibrated the battery the first time using it. My battery life says 106% using the Battery Health Monitor.

Original Capacity 5020 mAH 100%
    Current Capacity 5346 mAH 106%
    Charge Cycles 12% 47

I use the Macbook on battery power every day. I will have it fully charged, use it for 3 or so hours, then plug it in and get it charged again. I hardly ever use it plugged in, always on battery power.

I just can't believe I have gone through that many Charge Cycles.

Does it seem odd?

2. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

Well, that's about 1.5 cycles a day (with a very poor and loose math.) Taking into account that some days you'll have more than one cycle and others none, you should be fine. Plus, it's not like your battery health is low or something. If anything is higher. Mine has 251 cycles and 84% health after more than a year of use.

3. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Actually it is 47 cycles in 53 days, so it is less than 1 per day. I just wondering if I am charging it too much, or using the battery too much?

4. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

That's a good usage. This new batteries hold together very well even if they are plugged more than they are in use. :)

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

a laptop is supposed to be used like a laptop. don't worry that you're using "too many" charge cycles. just continue to use your laptop like you've been doing and enjoy.

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Don't worry about how my cycles you use. You can always replace the battery later. But it should last you a good while anyway.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

If you use about a cycle a day, you'll get the best life out of your battery.

8. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

^there ya go.

don't worry about it. just buy another battery when you need to.

9. Bobioden thread starter macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Thanks guys, that was what I wanted to hear. I am using and LOVING it on a daily basis. Just wanted to know if I was using the battery to it's fullest.

I bumped the memory to 4gb and have no problems, ripping a DVD using MacTheRipper, burning a DVD with toast, playing poker at Full Tilt, 3 Safari screens open, while listening to iTunes, all at the same time.

When my battery runs low I jump on my 24" iMac.

:D