473 Area code on my iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by martosprint, Jan 27, 2014.

1. martosprint macrumors 6502

I've been getting a few calls on my new iPhone from a 473 area code which reads "Grenada". I don't respond to the calls because I know it's a scam. Has anyone in here ever gotten a call from that area code before? I am going to call my provider and have those calls blocked. I had 4 of them calls a few days ago.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Yes I got a hang up call from 473. I wasn't fast enough to pick up the phone so those b@st@rds would be charges a phone call. The scam is as you say, you call back the number: "did you call me?" And get slammed with a hundred dollar phone call charge.

I never return phone calls to unknown numbers unless a voice mail is left.

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

4. serega macrumors regular

I had one from 269-762-0021

It's from Antigua/Barbuda. Lucky it was on my phone from work. I called back but call didn't go thru.

5. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. Now is there a way to block it on the iPhone itself or do I have to contact my provider to block that number?

6. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

I don't return calls from numbers I don't recognize and don't leave a message, so I don't have to worry.

Why does everyone think a single missed phone call is so important that it has to be returned?