Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d510r9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Just received an email from Apple Australia - my shipping date has been brought forward by 8 days to April 14th. I can finally stop checking the shipping status every few hours. :)

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for you recent order with the Apple Online Store.

Due to overwhelming demand, the shipment of your order has been delayed. We anticipate that your order will now be shipped from our warehouse on 14 April. When your order ships, we will send you a shipment notification email with the anticipated delivery date and tracking information.

We apologise for any inconvenience the delay has caused.

Thank you for choosing Apple!

Kind Regards,
The Apple Store

Weird thing is the order status from the Apple store is unchanged:

Custom Configuration| Hide
2.93GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
4GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM-2X2GB
ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB
1.0TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
KYBD (NUM) & USER'S GUIDE-X
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC 24-AUS
Ships: 22/04/2009
Delivers: 29/04/2009

Let the flood of 4850 updates begin!!!

GamaFu

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Thank god! Finally! This is great news. :D
I've been waiting for it for over a month now, I ordered it on March 5th,
and I've been checking my order status every few hours ever since.
It's my first mac, I am so excited now!
My original shipping date is 16th and deliver on 23th.
How likely am I getting it next week? :confused:

DELTAsnake

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
Australia
I got this email too. It says that my order has been delayed to the 14th also, but the first email I got from Apple said it was going to be the 23rd. Whats the deal Apple, is it delayed or moved up?

I bet some guy in Bombay who doesn't understand English typed this up.

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
I got this email too. It says that my order has been delayed to the 14th also, but the first email I got from Apple said it was going to be the 23rd. Whats the deal Apple, is it delayed or moved up?

I bet some guy in Bombay who doesn't understand English typed this up.

Could be the problem is resolved and they will ship in mass as I mentioned before. This would seem logical as Spock would say.....:D

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
Why can't :apple: just send out a nice, short email to all of us stating that the 4850 has been delayed for <insert reason> and we expect to begin shipping iMac machines on <insert date>.

This will save us a lot of worry and speculation.

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
Why can't :apple: just send out a nice, short email to all of us stating that the 4850 has been delayed for <insert reason> and we expect to begin shipping iMac machines on <insert date>.

This will save us a lot of worry and speculation.

That would make too much sense.....:apple:

d510r9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Eek - I just realised my credit card expired during the long wait - glad people started talking about getting charged or I would have forgotten to update the details. This better not cause another delay to my order!

Dan Roberts

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2009
Poole,Dorset. UK
Who is being lied to?

I ordered an iMac 2.93 with the ati card on the 7th march and was told that del date was 1st May.
I've now just checked the applestore and it's saying 7-10 days for delivery with my spec, so I rather excitedly checked my order to see the new delivery date and it's been moved BACK to 5th May! No email, no phone call.

So who is being lied to? Prospective customers looking on the apple store or me?

WTF is going on? This is my first mac and I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about apple's integrity.

I would have thought that when you pay premium prices for a product that you would get premium service

When you total up my order it comes to £1698, that's a lot of PC with a lot less hassle.

I'm seriously considering canceling my order unless I get some satisfactory answers from apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.