4850's, 4870's, 4890's Any new posts?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sharpiess, Jan 24, 2013.

1. sharpiess macrumors newbie

I am a newbie, I guess, to the flashing of these Pc cards to use in a Mac. I think it is great that some of you guys have the knowledge to do this. I have had a success with an ATI 4870, with tjlazer's guidance. I have been trying to find info on the 4850's, but the post ended with no resolve a few years ago. Maybe I have not found the right post for the 4850's. Any help in locating some rome for these would be great. I have successfully screwed up a 4890-Vapor and wondering if anybody has a way to un-screw it. I used Zeus last night to flash it, but I had already flashed it with a different rom and never reinstalled the original rom before using Zeus, so I ended up with black screen and no boot at all on the computers, Mac and Pc. Does anyone have anything to share about these cards??? I have been through pages upon pages of these forums, outdated links, people who don't reply with the resolutions that were given to them, to see if anything worked, very frustrating.!!!!!

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Yeah, head here to get your problems resolved.

You need to insert another card to flash it again or do the commands blindly via DOS.