4G Ipod touch or 3G ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theman24, May 16, 2010.

1. theman24 macrumors member

OK I recently sold my older model ipod touch and I wanna know:

Should I wait for 4g or go ahead and buy 3g?

Another thing is that I heard some people saying that 3g battery life drops when playing apps, is that true?

One last thing: Will the 4g ipod touch have wireless sync?:apple:

2. jawa12083 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Anything will drop in battery life when playing games.

And the wireless sync thing - there's a Cydia app for that, and no one knows if Apple will let us do that without a jailbreak.

3. omgahitskasey macrumors newbie

I don't know if it helps, but I'm in the same boat. If you have no other mp3 player and it's driving you crazy, I'd say go for it. The new ones tend to come out in September, so if you can survive through the summer, wait it out. It'll be worth waiting for because even if you don't like the 4th gen (but please, we're all going to be drooling) you can buy the 3rd gen for much less.

4. na1577 macrumors 6502a

It depends. Are you willing to wait ~4 months?

And no it probably will not have wireless sync. If it did, it would likely be in OS 4.

5. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat. I really want one today but my six year old ipod with black and white screen still plays the music just as well as it ever did so I'm waiting for new generation and new OS.

6. theman24 thread starter macrumors member

1g outlasts 3g

No because people say it drops ALOT because my sister has one and I have a 1g and my battery life outlasts hers!

7. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

If you can tell me the specifications of the 4G model I can tell you whether you should wait.

8. theman24 thread starter macrumors member

Well no one knows the real specifications of the 4g but it will probably have a better speaker better battery life and some other stuff.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm waiting for the 4th gen. My current main iPod is a 5.5G 80gb, so hopefully the next iPod will double its current capacity (as it does every refresh). But if you really need one then get one. The current iPod touch is great but the next one will be better. By how much we don't know!

Now stop leaving around prototype iPhones and leave a 4G iPod touch plox. :D

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Im waiting for 4th gen to see if its worth it.