4G LTE on IPAD 2 and 3?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amitabhbansal, Jul 6, 2013.

1. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

friends
    i have ipad 2 and ipad 3, not the new ipad, i just wanted to know will these two ipad which i have will work with 4g or not?
    Thanks

2. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Well, first off, are they on a data plan? If not, you can't use them.
    The iPad 2 can't use LTE, but can use 3G. The iPad 3 uses both LTE and 3G. If you want to use your iPad 2 with LTE, you will need to use a MiFi or a personal hotspot on an LTE capable device.

3. Vinamra macrumors regular

Vinamra

No. Why on Earth do you think that iPad 2 and 3 will magically get the ability to 'work with 4G'?

4. xdxdaustin macrumors regular

Don't be mean! He was just asking an innocent question. Don't be rude to those who may not know as much as you. You know you wouldn't appreciate it.

5. martosprint macrumors 6502

A little off topic but I have the iPad 3 with ATT's unlimited cellular service. Since I bought it over a year ago I've been getting 4G service. Now all of a sudden I've been getting LTE service for a few weeks now and I live out in the boon docks. I was surprised because I haven't seen any notice from ATT about upgrades in my area to LTE. Just thought I would mention it. 

6. Vinamra macrumors regular

Vinamra

I'm no Mr. Know-it-all. But yes, I do a thorough research before asking a question.

My apologies to the OP if he found my reply to be rude.