4G SIM (from cellphone) w/ data plan no longer working in iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dex4788, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Dex4788 macrumors member

When I first got the new iPad at release, I tested my cell phone SIM inside it to see if my unlimited data plan would work. And it did.

Fast forward a couple months later to now, and for whatever reason this same process won't work anymore. Not only can it not find 4G (only 3G), but it's asking me to activate a data plan whenever I try to access the internet. I checked the account settings, and it does correctly identity that there's already a mobile plan associated with the SIM and it can't be altered on the iPad. But I've no way to actually use my connection.

What changed between then and now? I'm jailbroken, but I don't have anything installed that should interfere with that. Have there been similar cases such as mine? I really need to find a solution.

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

need to know what carrier your on?

3. Dex4788 thread starter macrumors member

I'm on Verizon. I haven't changed anything on my plan since last year, so I'm really confused as to what happened.

4. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

hmm thats strange because as far as I know verizon allows people to use 4g sims interchangeably between tablets and phones

5. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

6. Dex4788 thread starter macrumors member

Yup, unlimited 4G data plan. When I first tried it out months back, I really pushed it on the iPad. I think in 2 weeks I allotted about 4 gigs of use on my plan. So I know it works. Just doesn't now for some reason.

I wish there was a easy to flash my current setup for easy restore, because I'd do a complete restore and see if that fixes anything. As it stands, I spend too much time on what I have now so I'm not keen on it.

7. beefcake6681 macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem on my Verizon Ipad 3. Did anyone figure out the solution to this?