4G Still makes noise at 0 volume?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wad11656, Mar 10, 2011.

1. wad11656, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

wad11656 macrumors member

wad11656

What's up?

So on my iPod touch 4G (JAILBROKEN), when the volume is turned all the way down, all app noise is turned off, but all iOS sounds are still present--The lock/unlock sounds, clicking of the keyboard, and the new mail "ping!" sound.

Is this a default "feature" of the device. I don't remember whether or not this occurred before jailbreaking, but I like to think it still did. Could jailbreaking be the cause of this problem? Does this happen to 4G owners unjailbroken? Is there a Cydia package to remove these system sounds at 0 volume?
    Firmware=4.2.1
    Thanks!

EDIT: Well, for everyone wondering, you go to Settings>Sounds and just toggle everything to "off," but there should REALLY be an SBsettings toggle for this. Ciao!

2. zeetee96 macrumors member

This might help...

I have found that with the latest iOS, when you are on the home screen and you press the volume button, a box comes up saying "ringer" at the top. This is all the iOS noises such as locking and ping sounds that you described.

But when in an app or playing music, when the box comes up it is blank at the top, when you set this volume to 0, that only applies to the music volume, not the volume for the iOS sounds...

Hope it helped