4G stuck after redsnow jailbreak atempt

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by joscha1987, Dec 15, 2010.

1. joscha1987 macrumors newbie

hello!
    i m runnign out of ideas here. i have a ipod 4g in 4.1 firmware. i tryed to jailbreak it with redsnow (redsn0w_win_0.9.6b2).
    it got stuck on the apple logo. i tryed to boot it in tethered, didnt work got stuck on pineapple. tryed to run in pwned dfu mode and reinstall firmware now its stuck on blank screen and i didnt try to push any buttons to not **** it up even more. itunes gives me the message : your ipod can not be restored an unknown error occured, (3611)
    anyone knows how to proceed?
    i m frustrated as hell.
    best, joscha

2. Krishna21 macrumors member

Try this:

Plug your iPod out, hold down on the home button, and plug it in. You should enter Recovery mode.

Download the raw iOS 4.1 Firmware file from felixbruns.de.

With your iPod plugged into iTunes in recovery mode, hold down on the shift key (or Option key for Mac OS X) while clicking restore. Then navigate and select the iOS 4.1 Firmware.

Then, finally, if it fails:

Download Greenpois0n and launch it. It should guide you to get into DFU mode.

Hold down on power for 10 seconds.
    Then hold down on home AND power for 10 seconds.
    Let go of power and hold down on home for 30 seconds.

Launch Greenpois0n and Jailbreak.
    Jailbreaking can actually get it in; I had an iPod hanging on the Apple logo and Jailbreaking got it in.

Now if jailbreaking fails, go into iTunes and attempt a iOS 4.1 restore again.

If all else fails, your going to have to go to iOS 4.2. :I
    It's weird, if you have iOS 4.1 on a iDevice and SHSHs aren't save, you STILL can't restore to 4.1 to reinstall. You HAVE to update. Dumb.

But don't worry--comex, MuscleNerd, and p0sixninja promised a iOS 4.2 Untethered Jailbreak before Christmas 10'

Happy Holidays!