4g touch overheating?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by miniman111, Dec 21, 2010.

1. miniman111 macrumors newbie

Just a couple months ago I bought the new Ipod Touch 4G, and just bought Modern Combat 2 BP and noticed an overheating problem at the top of the device like its the wifi overheating cause I always play in online battles. Even on my 2g Touch while playing the same game, in the bottom left corner, there is also an overheating problem too while using wifi. On both devices, over time while playing online battles, about 20 min into a fight, my wifi starts to kick on/off consistantly, making me get kicked off battles, and also to the point were it seems to reach well over 50*C on the device. Is this a normal problem while playing on certain applications to were you cant touch the device sometimes cause of overheating problems?

2. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

You are talking about two different things. The 'overheating' as you put it, is normal, and if you do searches, its been discussed several times. The ipod case is metal and serves to diffuse the heat from the inside. If it weren't heating up, then you'd have something to worry about.

The wifi issue sounds more software related than hardware. I've seen lots of new games have issues with choppy online play or getting kicked off while playing. Email the developer.

3. miniman111 thread starter macrumors newbie

but it only happens while im on certain apps that use internet, and it cuts out when I play on the internet for so long, then its about as hot to were you can touch it for a little bit *couple seconds* then.

4. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

well obviously those apps are more graphics intensive, so make the touch work harder, which will cause it to heat up faster.

5. miniman111 thread starter macrumors newbie

I never really thought of it, it is a Retina game >.> RETARD :p

6. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

That's ok, I'm good at setting men right. LOL!!:D:D:D:p:D:D

7. DifferentialApp macrumors regular

Yeah, the retina graphics are much more demanding.