4G will not restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tankcr, Jun 27, 2012.

1. tankcr macrumors newbie

Hey all, I have been trying for 2 days now to get this thing restored. I plugged it into my car deck and it immediately rebooted to the apple symbol and stuck there. Using every tool I can think of I have been able to get it into restore mode DFU mode and pwned DFU mode, but no matter what during a restore out of iTunes it gets to loading the OS and the progress bar stops at 0% Itunes says waiting for device, after a couple minutes the screen flashes white and it goes into the restore mode with the little Itunes symbol and the plug in symbol. I am stuck, and frustrated any help would be hugely appreciated.

2. cruzer-u3 macrumors member

did you try to update the itunes to the last version?

3. tankcr thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, my itunes is at the newest version, is there a way to SSH into your device and force install the iOS?

4. cruzer-u3 macrumors member

no
    your iphone stuck on recovery mode
    don't put it on DFU Mode
    just plug it to the itunes & restore it again
    leave it alone on recovery Mode
    let's see what happens

5. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Not to my knowledge. Have you tried a different computer and/or USB cable?

Are you going to be using the latest firmware? If so, why are you putting your device into DFU/Pwns DFU? You should just connect to iTunes and click restore.

Have your tried using RedSn0w or TinyUmbrela to kick the device out of recovery?

6. tankcr thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried all of the above including multiple cables and PC's. I am wondering if there is some kind of diagnostics utility that I can run against it to see if it has a hardware issue. I am close to sending it in, but want to be 100% sure I can't fix it first.

7. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

If you want to mess with it, I'm sure you can do a search about how to diagnose & repair/replace a screen. Personally, I would just take it in & get a replacement....

8. tankcr thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, its out of warranty so I want to try as much as I can. The thing is it gets all the way to loading the iOS on the device before it fails. I have just run out of ideas.

9. tankcr thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I just found out that I bought a BestBuy warranty on, course that is going to take forever since I am living in Germany now. But its something

10. tinitus01 macrumors newbie

same issue but with ipad

Hi tankcr,
    wonder about the outcome of your story. Actually i have the exact same issue, but with my ipad.

appreciate any help.

thanks
    Horst