4gb iPhones GONE!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gr8fl4295, Sep 26, 2007.

1. gr8fl4295 macrumors member

I see that on Apple's store all the 4gb iPhones are gone.
    I wonder if any are in the physical stores?

I've got a 4gb, what if something happens to it?
    What will they(Apple) do?

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

They will repair it under warranty?

3. gr8fl4295 thread starter macrumors member

4. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

They'll do anything they would have done before.

It's not like they're denying the 4GB model ever existed; they've just discontinued it.

When they upgrade an iMac, they don't drop all support for the last model - same with the phone. Don't worry!

5. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I think he is asking if they would potentially replace it with an 8GB if Apple chose to replace it. I think that is a distinct possibility.

6. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Im sure Apple still has plenty of 4gb units available for replacement units.

7. gr8fl4295 thread starter macrumors member

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's not likely that you would get an 8GB should a replacement be needed. Apple keeps plenty of older models on hand for warranty repairs.

When my 3rd gen 15GB iPod failed, it was replaced with the same model even though it had been discontinued and replaced with newer models.

9. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

not true i bought one 4gig for my girl a couple of days after the price drop and there was a minor problem with one of the LED lights that seemed to be too bright so it caused it to look like a spot on the screen so we went to the Genius bar that weekend at the Grove (Los Angeles) and talked to the genius... they were really cool and he replaced it with Brand new 8gig he did ask a supervisor but they didnt hessitate at all..

i was a lil uneasy seeing as i had paid $600 for my iphone and 2 months later i got one for $300 bucks that was exactly the same... lol but **** happens i guess it was apples way of giving me back $100 plus another $100 lol

10. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

While Im sure that some people will be swapped an 8gb for an defective 4gb, Im guessing this will be the exception and not the rule, at least for the foreseeable future until 4gb supplies really dwindle.