4GB models (11 or 13) in Singapore?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by aussie.damo, Nov 8, 2010.

1. aussie.damo macrumors regular

Has anyone managed to nab a 4GB Air, either 11 or 13, in any of the retail stores in Singapore? All the ones I've tried only stock the 2GB models.

I don't really have a reliable address for the machine to get posted or couriered to, so I'd rather not order it online.

2. s2dio macrumors regular

s2dio

Hi.

I have contacted EPICENTRE and BESTDENKI stores of Singapore and asked them about the MBA 13" ultimate model. They do not have them in stock, but would order them for you, requiring 15-30% of the price in advance. Since you don't have a reliable shipping address, you can go to the store and ask them to order.

Or you can order the laptop to your hotel, if you're staying in one.

3. Cerano macrumors 6502

No such luck mate

I live in Singapore and ive searched nearly every store but none are selling the 4GB model

Anyway if you're in no hurry wait for the end of the month and get it at SITEX.

4. Cerano macrumors 6502

btw guys if you absolutely must order now dont go with best denki or harvey norman or epicentre

go with challenger.

they offered me either an external HDD, superdrive or magic mouse with the 11" MBA at the normal price

5. aussie.damo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I think (hope) I can wait for the fair, will try that!

Damo

6. sookainian macrumors regular

got mine 11.6" 1.6ghz and 4gb ram

But sadly most retail store wont carry them have to order online :)

7. aussie.damo thread starter macrumors regular

Nice - how you liking it? Did you order online?

Damo

8. zstar macrumors member

I'm in Singapore too and almost nowhere has the CTO models. I ordered my ultimate 13" from the online store, coming tommorrow. :D

9. iNotion macrumors regular

iNotion

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I am waiting for the max-out 13" MBA. Heard from nubox, it is coming soon. For better price, can get online thru education discount.

10. aussie.damo thread starter macrumors regular

Congratulations buddy - I hope you enjoy the machine! I'm really looking forward to getting one myself. Must resist the urge to buy a 2GB model!

Damo

11. ninjadogz macrumors newbie

Yeah you should totally wait for the 4GB one. I got mine (13" 1.86 256GB 4GB) on Nov 3rd, 2 days after it reached the stores. I was pissed that I couldn't get it earlier, because of some agency approval thing, and none of the Epicenter or Nubox people were helpful or had ANY information - they said I would only get my BTO model in the 3rd week of November. In fact, when I went to the store they tried to push me to get a 2GB model.

Bottom line - wait for a deal (like the freebies), or just get it online - DHL Express tracking is really accurate so you just need to be at SOME address at the time it states on the tracking website

12. zstar macrumors member

Well, my MBA is arriving today and tracking says it's on the truck
    Nov 12, 2010 10:35 Sin - SIN With delivery courier - Sin - SIN

So basically it's on the truck for 2 hours now and I need it before 1:30 before I have to go to school, which means 1 more hour for the man to arrive. Hopefully I get it before then :(

13. ninjadogz macrumors newbie

I got mine at 4:30pm, at River Valley Road...

14. rvdm macrumors newbie

I wonder if - now these MBA models have been available for a while - there are currently any physical stores in Singapore that have the 13" i7 model on stock.

I will be visiting Singapore next week (actually arriving this weekend), and have been searching for an i7 macbook air like crazy - but most stores only seem to deliver after full prepayment and 3+ weeks of waiting. As I'll be staying for 2 weeks, this is not an option :(

Any hints or pointers would be very much appreciated!

15. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You can try your luck with either Sim Lim Square or Funan (I can't be any more specific as I am not familiar with those places myself, but if there is any place to go to for this sort of stuff, it's them). However, they are also quite notorious for their high occurrence of cheats, so unless you know specifically where to go to for the real deal or the best offers, you might want to give it a miss, or at least be very careful before committing to a purchase.

16. joneswa macrumors newbie

I was in Singapore mid October and purchased an 11" 4Gb 128 GB SSD from Epicenter in one of the malls at the City Hall train exit.

17. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

I live in Singapore and bought a 13" with 4gb, 256gb SSD and i7 at Funan. I think there are at least 4 resellers here, everywhere around town. Start with Funan - they are all there.

I got mine at Multimedia Integrated on the 5th floor. They say that they regularly carry BTO models. S$2,219 with GST but if you are a visitor you can get the GST rebated at the airport (7%).

18. rvdm macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    Multimedia Integrated was nice, they had the 11" i7 on stock, but not the 13". Same for the other funan/digitalife stores. Tomorrow I'll try Sim-Lin, but any other pointers are welcome ;)
    If i can't find the 13" i7, I'll get the i5 at Multimedia Integrated or Challenger, depending on their ability to offer something extra ;)