4K availability?

rwestiv

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but what is the availability of the 4K?

Several weeks ago I ordered a 4K from the Apple.com. My debit card was charged about a week ago, and on the when I check on the order status is says "Order in Progress" and that I can pick it up from the brick and motor Apple Store on November 20.

However from reading these forums it appears a number of people already have one. Is it backordered? I went to BestBuy.com and it says I can have one by October 28. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any/all help.

GBA

Mjb347

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2013
Picked one (32gb 4k) up at Philly Apple Store yesterday. They had a decent amount out.

StarShot

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2014
Several weeks ago I ordered a 4K from the Apple.com. My debit card was charged about a week ago, and on the when I check on the order status is says "Order in Progress" and that I can pick it up from the brick and motor Apple Store on November 20.
[/QUOTE

That's amazing! Nov 20th??? I ordered mine on the pre-order day and received it Sept 22nd. Unbelieveable that there is a backorder this huge.
Guess I should have added that I bought the 32 GB unit as I have no reason to store videos.

Last edited:

rwestiv

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
What's even stranger is the fact that I tried to call my local Apple Store but was routed to an Apple call center and was told that there a number of stores with plenty of stock, just not anywhere near me.

However there is not a single unit in the Apple wearhouse and if I wanted to get one sooner than November 20 I should call Best Buy.

GBA

Reactions: mikeb13

btbam91

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2015
So I started to look to buy one a few days ago. There were plenty of 32 GBs in all nearby Apple Stores nearby, but the 64GBs are extremely scarce. I ended up having to drive to an Apple store that’s 20 miles away to get one!!!!

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I picked one up easily at Target. Shopped online and did in store pickup. Even saved 5% with their Red Card. Two thumbs up experience!!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Few weeks ago I picked up the last 32gb at a somewhat local Best Buy. While I'm not a fan of Best Buy I was there, it was there, blah blah, so I bought it.

I also let them rip me off for a Phillips Hue bulb that was 4 dollars more than Home Depot. But at the time the convenience was worth the irritation but I digress.

Availability in my area for ATV4k's is very high. Currently all my local Wal-Marts, Targets, Best Buys and of course Apple Stores have both 32 and 64gb version available for pickup.

EDIT: You should even be able to order it from someplace like Wal-Mart and have it within a couple days (assuming you are in the US).