4k iMac integrated graphics?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Vonjover, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Vonjover macrumors newbie

Vonjover

Is there any chance apple might add discrete graphic options into the 21.5" iMac in the next upgrade?

2. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

No. And as the Skylake chips with integrated graphics are released next year, Apple will move to those on the 21" iMacs and probably the lower end 27" models will also get integrated graphics when they come out (around October again?). The iGPU on Skylake should be even better than Broadwell, but not what I want for video work.

QUOTE="Vonjover, post: 22103072, member: 998738"]Is there any chance apple might add discrete graphic options into the 21.5" iMac?[/QUOTE]

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not quite ready to give up hope, but I think the odds are against us from seeing a dGPU coming out on the 21" iMac.

Hopefully once the 21" iMac gets refreshed with Skylake we'll see Apple use a more powerful iGPU - it all depends on what skylake chipset they select for the iMac.

4. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

If I were in the market for the 21, I'd stay away from this first generation retina and either get a 27 or wait until next year.