4K thunderbolt display would be introduced iPhone event or Ipad event?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nismo73, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Jan 4, 2013
    If the 4K or whatever increased resolution display is released, I mean we all would think it's finally time to this fall. Does it happen at the iPhone event or an October iPad/iWatch event???
  2. isomorphic macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2010
    I seriously doubt Apple will release a display at any iOS-related event.

It seems more likely to me that they would announce such a mythical display alongside mythical higher-resolution iMacs, probably about the same time that Yosemite is actually ready.

Or not. They might just make a silent update. Although a 4K display warrants at least a mention from Apple on-stage.

By today's standards the current display is really quite sad. When it came out, 27" / 2560x1440 / $999 was a pretty good deal. Has Apple even updated the thing to match the styling of the new iMac?

I **really** want Apple to release a 4K display. I have one of their old 30" displays, and while it isn't dying, it's time to replace it. If they come out with a 27" 4K, I'll buy two immediately. It's probably too much to hope that they'd come out with a 32" >4K; they have to get the panels from somewhere.