4K video from iPhone 6S to YouTube?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FtrV8, Sep 26, 2015.

1. FtrV8 macrumors regular

FtrV8

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I think you have to do it from the phone itself. I shot a quick video and had it sync to my mac and then copied the video to the desk top to transfer on to youtube and it was 720p not 4K for some reason.

3. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

My 4K test uploaded in 240P for some absurd reason, so definitely not through the app.

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I only did one through the phone. I know you have to be connected to wifi for HD to be uploaded.

5. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Ha, I would refer to my sixth form WiFi as WiFi but the signal quality would make you wonder if you actually had a signal...

6. FtrV8 thread starter macrumors regular

FtrV8

Through the app doesn't work. I think is some other medium you have to get it out of the phone, and then upload it to YouTube as 4K.

Just looking for the video savvy people to find that way.

7. FtrV8 thread starter macrumors regular

FtrV8

Got it, pretty simple. Here is what I did.

Just shoot 4K video from your 6S device. Then sent it to my Mac desktop via AirDrop, and just took that raw file to YouTube and uploaded. Takes a bit. First 720p shows up on the quality tab on YouTube, and as they do their backend stuff 1080p and such show up.

Then went to my 4K TV set's YouTube app and voila. My 4K video of my daughter is there.

Stunning quality too!

Hope it helps someone.