4k video issue with RiMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ichii, Nov 4, 2014.

1. ichii macrumors 6502a

ichii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaLzb3M9bvE
    I'm trying to watch that video in 4k but it would just go to a green screen after a few seconds. Also the youtube logo is distorted.

Specs:
    Upgrade CPU/GPU i7/295x
    24GB of ram
    anyone having this issue or is my GPU damage?

2. redheeler, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

The YouTube logo is like that on purpose you know :p
    Edit: My mistake, obviously I was having the same issue with the logo image as well. It's rendering like that in Safari. Looks fine in other programs and Safari on my rMBP. Image is at http://s.ytimg.com/yts/img/doodles/yt_yoodle_election_2014_2x-vfltSi3Ec.png. Very puzzling...
    Seriously though I've never had this problem and I have specs very similar to yours. You tried different video, browser, etc?

3. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502a

ichii

No I haven't tried another browser...I don't notice it being like that on my mbp.

4. enroh macrumors member

I tried on my SP3 and it is just a blocky mess at 4K in IE. My Windows 10 box in Chrome on an i7/HD5770 is just green...take that for what its worth as both these machines can playback 4K video. Just not this stream for whatever reason.

5. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502a

ichii

I haven't tested it on my Windows machine, it won't be able to run 4k anyways only have a i5 with Nvidia 460GT. It's probably a bug because I test other 4k video and playback is fine.

6. WilliamG macrumors G3

Same green screen on my RiMac. Assume it's just the file/YouTube weirdness.