4port Internal PCI Sata Cards for G4 MDD

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jbsmithmac, Dec 2, 2011.

1. jbsmithmac macrumors regular

I have heard of two brands of cards that work reliably with the G4 MDD (dual 867Mhz)...firmtek and sonnet.

Does anyone know the specific models that work - specifically the sonnet cards?

Is there any other cards that work? I am looking for one with 4 internal ports.

2. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

The Sonnet SATA cards are made by Firmtek. You need the Firmtek 1v4 card.

They are the only cards that fully support OSX and will allow you to boot from SATA.

3. jbsmithmac thread starter macrumors regular

Oh...never knew. Thanks.

4. hansolo669 macrumors regular

honestly im worried people will start to think im advertising for this company :rolleyes:
    any way, check here, they have a pretty good selection of sata cards. you should be able to find something there (or hey, use it as a starting point)

also if you want 4 ports, it might be cheaper to buy two 2 port cards (you will/should have enough room in the mdd case)

5. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Firmtek is da bomb with SATA cards......go for it :)

6. garycurtis macrumors 6502

OWC is a wonderful source, but I had trouble locating a PSI card with external SATA ports. They had one available. And prices accelerated for card with multiple internal ports.

Two days ago i bought the card I wanted on Amazon.com. It was made by LaCie. Check their site for availability. And if the specifications don't state this, ask if a drive connected by SATA can be the Boot Drive.

----------

Sorry, I meant to write PCI card, not PSI card.