4S Activation Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bl00per, Nov 2, 2011.

1. bl00per macrumors member

For my iPhone 4S (which will arrive on Friday), I used my Mom's upgrade. Is there anything different I would do when I activate it using iTunes? or do I just use my number, and do everything the same as if I was using my upgrade.

Thanks in advance,

bl00per

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

if you have a micro sim card just put it in the new phone and turn it on. no need ot hook it to itunes to activate it.

3. bl00per thread starter macrumors member

This is my first smartphone, so I just have a regular sim, I believe they're shipping me a new microsim with the iPhone.

4. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

If you ordered the AT&T version through Apple make certain to activate it on the line you ordered it on first. It has to be activated with the original line or you will get a message that the numbers don't match. Your original line will then need a new Micro Sim as it will be deactivated. You will also need a new microsim for your line.

5. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Don't put any other SIM in there until you activate it with the SIM that came with the 4S.

Do NOT call AT&T for any reason until you've done this.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

if you have a iphone 4 on your line and uses another persons account on that family plan to buy it. you just need to change sim cards. that's what I did and it worked great.

7. bl00per thread starter macrumors member

I ordered it direct from AT&T. So I assume I would put in the sim that comes with the 4S, and then call AT&T to activate?

8. bl00per thread starter macrumors member

9. dave420 macrumors 65816

My recommendation is activate it with the sim that is in there first on your mom's number. Then that will be your mom's new sim card so take it out and put it in her phone (you might need a trip to the AT&T store for that if she isn't using a micro sim). Then you will need a new sim from the AT&T store to put in the iPhone for your number.