4s already dead!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnStrass, Oct 15, 2011.

1. JohnStrass, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

JohnStrass macrumors regular

Somehow, I managed to order my 64 gig 4s early, set it up, enjoy it for 2 hours (fully charged overnight) then now its dead. Not responding to being plugged in; not respond into computer, not of course responding to restart.

I managed to good a genius bar appointment (I bought procure, so maybe that helped) so in 2 days I might be able to go to a store an get help.

In the meantime, I have no phone. I don't want to go back to try to reactivate my old iPhone4

Ughhhhh:mad:

2. WilliamG macrumors 604

I had to exchange my first iPhone 4S for a new one due to a buzzing earpiece (ironically, my first iPhone 4 last year had the same issue - replacement fixed it in both cases).

Anyway, I just marched into an Apple Store and they exchanged it on the spot. You don't need a Genius Bar appointment for this kind of thing.

3. JohnStrass thread starter macrumors regular

OK, in with the crowds

Sorry to hear Im not the first. I'll go try to wade throughout the crowds...I've ben 30 minutes on hold on apple but I guess they will just send be to the store

4. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Try holding down the Home and Sleep button for 30 seconds and see if it comes up.

5. JohnStrass thread starter macrumors regular

OK now I feel dumb.....

...that fixed it!!!

Thank you :D

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

oddly, my wife's 4S randomly shut down today as well. Unresponsive to anything but a hard reboot. So far so good after that. Hope it doesn't happen often.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Mine came with two scratches on the screen. Just walked into the Apple store and walked out with a new phone.