4S Battery Life 100 hrs less standby, is it iOS5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, Oct 12, 2011.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Does anyone know if the decreased battery life is due to iOS5? I know 200 hrs standby is still 1+week, only curious not concerned. Some of the reviews almost imply that the ip4 battery life is better than ip4S, but that shouldn't be the case if it's due to iOS5, should be an apples to apples comparison

Imagine that the standby decrease is used to power some dormant processes that wasnt there before.

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

No, it's Siri.

She's in the background shopping, doing her nails, getting her hair done,

Eats up a lot of resources.

3. MagnusF macrumors regular

You would never get 300 hours, i think they just made the number more realistic. You "may" get 200 hours if you dont use the phone

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Let me ask the most important question:

Would you ever go more than a week without using your iphone?

Answer is no. So the standby time is irrelevant isn't it?

Standby time for all phones is irrelevant unless it is a phone you simply use for emergencies, but if all you want is a phone for emergencies then you wouldn't buy a smartphone.

For those mathematically challenged, a week has 168 hours in it.

5. ThereGoesJB macrumors regular

unless you lose it or it gets stolen and you are relying on a long battery life to find it with 'find my iphone'.
    i realize that may not be what you meant but lets not call the standby time irrelevant

6. paulrbeers, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Lost or stolen for more than a week? Really? After a week, I'm buying a new phone. And in standby, you will still get calls, texts, etc which again reduces the standby time. It has to be the time your phone is completely in resting state. Again, all standby times are useless.

Edit: Especially if my phone has been stolen, I am definitely shutting down the old one and buying a new one within days. Lost, I still contend that after a handful of days I'm buying a new phone.