4s Battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Backtothemac, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

How is everyone doing on battery life? Mine was incredibly short. Like worse that EVO 4G short. I had 2 hours 32 min of usage with 18 minutes of cell usage, and it was at 10%. Coming off a full charge.

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I haven't been able to test the cel network, but after about 2.5-3 hours of heavy web surfing and general dicking around (settings, syncing, maps, launching various apps, camera, etc.), I had about 65% battery remaining, which would infer somewhere close to 8 hours of constant-use battery. That also included some "calls" to Verizon trying to activate it, I'm not sure if those calls were going over WiFi or the cel network or what. Not too bad if the % is accurate. I did notice the phone gets pretty hot under heavy use, much hotter than my 3GS did.

Your example doesn't sound right at all, something is wrong there. I'd completely drain it until it dies, then do a full recharge and see what happens.

3. twinning macrumors newbie

i had the same issue here. i had lost 50% battery in 3 hours. i was appalled since i had just switched from blackberry which is notorious for having a long battery life. I drained the battery and it's charged back up. hopefully the battery just needed calibrating. guess i will find out tomorrow with normal usage and a full nights charging.