4s battery meh but signal WOW!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guru101011, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Guru101011 macrumors member

Guru101011

The 4s battery is kinda worse then 4. However, it works for me, i can do whatever i can.

But the signal is just amazing!!!!!! To the people who want to buy thinking that 4 has a crappy signal. My god, i have had 5 bars EVERYWHERE and even places i used to get 1 bar.

Seriously, the best phone i have ever owned!

2. leva96 macrumors newbie

That's nice

---
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

My signal has improved. Not as much but I am getting a signal where I didn't used to.

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

so people are getting better signals than before?? My signal only sucks when im at work, and since im there most of the day this might be a deal breaker for me

5. Guru101011 thread starter macrumors member

Guru101011

My home has terrible network! and i really mean it, i never had network more then 1 and always dropped calls. I get 4 bars now, its pretty amazing!!!!!

Oh and internet connection is just damn AMAZING!!!!! on the 3g especially!!! the fastest internet i have ever seen on a mobile.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It is good that some are getting improved signals. It seems there are many posts like this.

With that said, my signal is still rather ****

7. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

The 4S definitely gets better signal than my 3GS. I thought my office was in an AT&T dead zone -- constant drops to EDGE, throughput was abysmal, probably packet loss too. Now I bring my 4S in here and I've got 4 bars, did a speed test and pulling down 2 MBps and nearly 1 MBps up. Impressive change.

8. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I've been told by the "experts" here that:
    1. the better signal on my 4S is a "placebo effect"
    2. I was an idiot for upgrading from a 4 to a 4S

:D

9. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Actually if you have a lot of buildings around you, the dual antenna can help as it can use the other direction to try and locate a signal.

10. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

same here (uk), it sounds BS but i used to get 1 bar tops and no 3g! with mostly "no service"
    now i get 4 bars and 3g constantly!

11. timmmy macrumors newbie

I upgraded my 2 year old Palm Pre with a new Sprint contract

The increase in signal is hands down amazing.

12. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

The signal is a little bit better. I wont say it makes a huge improvement but enough to be noticeable.. when you are on the edge of having ok coverage it definitely helps.

13. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

My signal is better as well.

I've been getting 3G in places I would only get edge with my iPhone 4.

14. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Seriously, this is the first iPhone that works GREAT as a phone. The signal is improved, no more death grip (i've tried several times at my house where I have bad signal and just touching the strip with one finger caused a dropped call with my 4), the ear piece is louder and clearer, the speaker phone is much better, the ringer is louder, and the vibrate is stronger. Huge improvement and I would say its on par with Nokia. Very happy with the improvements.

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I bet you those experts pre-ordered their 4s and are still waiting... :cool:

16. saaketham macrumors member

Me too .. I used to get bad signal at my place - hardly 3 miles from the center of the town. Frequently dropped calls, poor voice, etc. That was with 3gs. Now, it's very usable. :)

17. maladjusted macrumors newbie

would anyone who is saying they now have great signal strength care to say where they are geographically? That may be of help to those of us who haven't taken the plunge with the 4S - yet. thanks.

18. tajam macrumors newbie

iPhone 4s definitely not ready for 4g, battery would of been awful. its manageable now

19. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Im getting sick of people complaining about the battery.

My battery life is INCREDIBLE.

People complaining are people who constantly use Wifi/3G, Games, Calls, Etc.

20. Nikefn2 macrumors regular

If my 4S works in my break room tomorrow at work then I will be COMPLETELY sold. Tomorrow is the final judgement day

21. kre62 macrumors 68000

Another vote for signal being INCREDIBLE!! Seriously, I never thought a phone could do this well. I'm on AT&T, and I have to say, they should be pissed! Apples use of Infineon Cell chips was most of the reason AT&T got labeled as a shizzy network. Now with the qualcomm chip, signal issues are a thing of the past.

22. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

None of the phones out there are ready for 4G and none of them are really using pure 4G, most of Verizon is 3G Enhanced and VZ governs it to below 21MBPs, pure 4G is burstable to 100MBPs but none of them come close 21mbps is max.

23. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I have been getting amazing signal with the 4S. 3 bars and up everywhere.

24. BiggAW macrumors 68020

That is utterly nonsensical. Nothing in that post is actually right.

Anyways, I have amazing service on mine, much better than my old Samsung. It's able to creep along where the Sammy would have no service.

25. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

I hear what you're saying, but would you say the signal strength of your 4S is amazing?