4S Battery Standby & Usage Same

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mjsavage, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mjsavage macrumors member

About 2 weeks ago battery started messing up and usage and standby have been close to the same all the time. Have set up as new, restored, deleted exchange, and killed all running apps and nothing seems to work? Nothing runnin in location services either. Does anyone have any advice how to fix?

Also had issues once restored it will go into dock mode thinking it is plugged into a dock and no sound will play from phone until plug into dock then it corrects itself. Also occasionally does it on own and just goes into dock mode. Both issues started about the same time.

Thanks for any help

2. nilzi macrumors regular

When you bought your iphone4s? If you can make sure the battery problem is not caused by the apps, it indicated your battery maybe dead.

3. Mjsavage thread starter macrumors member

Bought on launch. Why would it show same usage and standby then. If battery was dying I could see it only lasting 10 hours vs 14 but the standby and usage shouldn't show the same if the battery is dying

4. nilzi macrumors regular

according to what your said, I think the problem still caused by the Apps, try to uninstall some apps, and then restart the phone.

5. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

Mines been doing this recently, thought it was iOS 7 GM but betas were OK getting almost exactly same usage and standby even after restore/setup as new and no apps installed (or email setup)

Dropped back to 6.1.3 while i still can and same issue. Gone back to iOS 7 and nothing changes.

Think iOS 7 was causing the weird dock issue, found that inserting and removing headphones fixed it usually.

Otherwise, water damage?

Wish I could sort the usage/standby issue - all the 'fixes' I've seen aren't working :(

6. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

Taking my own advice on water damage a further search showed a likely cause to be a short in the dock connector. Cleaned mine but issue remained, and sound issue still occurred so ordered a new dick connector from Amazon for £4.59 fitted it this morning and problem solved.

Before blaming software check your hardware lol also noticed my water indicator in the dock was red - think humidity from ski jacket or cycle jersey has slowly corroded something no wonder the Genius Bar never helps they'd see it right away! (Not any more though lol)