4s Call Quality & Signal Strength

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tanker, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Tanker macrumors newbie

Just got a GNex and my GF got a 4s through Verizon. They are used mostly in NYC, we were shocked by the poor call quality, both ways, and the poor (inconsistent) signal strength of the 4s. We're both going from older phones (LG VX8300) and had no problems with either of those issues. The GNex (4g) is great in NYC but gets NO signal in my home (4g) area, where the old phone had good service, about 1hr above NYC. The 4s drops calls, drops in and out, sounds like the voice is stuttering and the reception sounds fuzzy. When a call drops and she redials the signal strength changes from 1 bar in the first (dropped) call to full strength in the second, redialed call. All while sitting in the same exact place. She wanted all the perks that the iPhone is known for but didn't think that she would have to trade 2 of the most important features of a cell phone. If anything, we thought the signal reception and call quality would be better than the old tech phones that we had. Very disappointed, we have 2 wks to decide, is there anything we can do to resolve these issues?

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Check the carrier coverage map for the various 3g 4g things you are talking about? If they say it should work give them a chance but don't expect much.

Be ready to exercise that return policy, that's what really hits them.

3. Tanker thread starter macrumors newbie

You could go from the pot into the fire. I would ASSume that many of the newer phones have similar problems from what I'm hearing. The 2wk return time kind of forces you to either return it without giving the situation a chance to improve or keep it hoping that it will improve. It used to be 30 days. After all the hype for both phones, poor call quality and signal strength reception was not expected......