4S Case with belt clip

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dh8009, Nov 22, 2011.

1. dh8009 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am a longtime iPod Touch owner/user but new iPhone 4S owner. For the last few years ive had a blackberry and HTC Evo and have gotten use to carrying the phone on my hip. Are there any cases that will protect my iPhone and allow me to carry it on my hip?

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

The Otterbox Defender in my opinion is the most stylish case out there that offers protection and it comes with a belt clip.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Also consider a thin shell like the Incase Snap or Incipio Feather paired with an OEM Blackberry 9650 holster. I've used this combo for a long time (3GS, 4, now 4S) and am happy. The OEM 9650 holsters should be inexpensive on ebay, I think I paid ~$9 for the last one I bought a year or so ago.

4. wisniak, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

wisniak macrumors newbie

I suggest this guy.

http://stores.ebay.com/EASECASE?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I've purchased a D2 model for my 3GS and for a friend's 4, and am about to purchase an A5 model for my 4S.

Quality is superb.

Don't forget to provide the wording of the engraving you want on the from cover (this is a very nice touch).

(I'm not related to him in any way and do not receive any sort of commission - I'm just very happy with his products).

5. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

Ok, I am not adding anything to the conversation but I would like to know why do we need to have it attached to our belts instead of pockets?

6. wisniak macrumors newbie

It's a question of personal preference

In an office environment, you don't want bulky thinks in your pants' front pockets (excluding the car keys, maybe).
    Wearing a jacket is dependant upon the country you live/work in.
    And putting the iphone in the back pocket is risky.

So up to now I preferred a belt-clip holster. It's easy to reach and of course having your personal name engraved on the front cover adds a nice touch...
    :)

But then when you put the seat belt on in your car - it's sometimes uncomfortable.
    And when I'm at home or on a trip and wear say my Columbia convertible pants, the side pockets aren't always large enough to accommodate the belt clip, so it's difficult to insert/extract from the pocket, or it creates a very bulky pocket.

So in my opinion there are 2 alternatives: Either buy a case w/o a belt clip, or select one with a non-obstrusive belt clip.

This time I selected the case w/o a belt clip.

And this eBay guy has all the options, in addition to enabling you the selection of the external leather type and color, the internal microfiber color, the type of belt clip, the type of case closure (magnets, snaps...).
    So basically this is really the realization of the old McDonalds' logo - have it your way...

7. dh8009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions. I plan on getting one tomorrow or friday. I've been using my phone for basic phone functions and my 2nd iPod touch for everything else. I'm so nervous im going to scratch or damage my 4S.

8. wisniak macrumors newbie

Had the same concerns (I purchased the SIM Free version in Europe, which was much more expensive than any contract pone, but on the other hand gave (and still does) me full freedom while traveling abroad.

So I tried out a few covers until I settled on the Switcheasy Vulcan (remember I'm talking about a 3GS), put a screen protector - and then the custom leather case.

Now with the 4S I'll receive in ~3wks I'll put on a screen $ back clear protectors - and use the custom case.

9. fourthtunz macrumors 6502a

fourthtunz

What clip case did you get for your Iphone 4s?

What clip case did you get for your Iphone 4s?
    I'd like a good clip case for my iPhone, incase used to make a leather
    hip clip case that I like for biking, it's not bulky and it works great, doesn't cover the whole front of the phone so I can get to the controls, suggestions?
    thanks!

10. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

This is obviously some strange usage of the word "stylish" that I wasn't previously aware of.
    ;)

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

That post was almost 2 years ago, I can't remember how many good cases were out there at that time.

12. dh8009 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ended up not using a case after all. I just kept it on my pocket. I tried the lifeproof case but I use my ear phones to much and didnt want to use the adapter.