4S cases with open bottom

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajumbaje, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

I was wondering what the best cases you have so far that are fairly minimalist.

I have an alpine stereo in my car and the dock connector for their adaptor is larger than the apple one, so I need something with a larger opening so I don't have to take off the case when using it.

I want to test out my friends incase slider, but that's all I really know about so far. Theres this puppy that looks sweet
    http://www.glidecase.com/

2. diane143 macrumors 6502a

I was looking for the same thing.

One that may have worked are the Marware Sportgrip Edge.

The Radtech Signal may work as well as the Incipio NGP.

I have an old Monster cable so I have the same issue in the car (worse as the cable will only play, not charge the new phone).

I have an Incase Protective Cover on my 1G Touch and I had to trim that a bit.

I ended up with the Otterbox Commuter though, because cases are so rare in my area and I couldn't see ordering a bunch and paying to send them back. It was the only one I could find locally in a color I liked. I didn't think it would work, but if I remove the outer shell, my cable fits right in! That inner cover is actually smaller than the Incase on the Touch. Still an extra step I don't like taking (I walked into work with it today minus the hard shell) but it's a workable solution for now.

Also how old is your Alpine? Mine is an aftermarket from 2003 or so and I'm wondering if they still have a cable and if it would work with my deck. Right now I'm looking at a Kensington adapter, I'm pretty sure I found a review that said it fits the Commuter!

3. ajumbaje thread starter macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

I got the idax305s from may 2010

4. Brad02 macrumors regular

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816