4s charged over night showing 97% next day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patpatbut, Oct 26, 2011.

1. patpatbut macrumors newbie

May 14, 2009
    Hi everyone. Have anyone got this problem? I have calibrated the battery and it is still showing this problem. Any thoughts?:confused:
  2. gatd macrumors regular

Jun 2, 2008
    reset the phone holding the power and home buttons making sure that the phone is NOT plugged in when you do it.Then charge again
  3. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Jun 23, 2010
    Make sure your dock connector is not loose - I had an issue with mine and had it swapped out. The right side was loose and the USB cable wouldn't sit still - even the slightly movement would cause it not too stay in correctly.

It will look like it's charging but somehow it doesn't charge all the way through. I would start there.
  4. SunnyFL macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2010
    Noticed this too this AM.

After a reset it's showing 100 now.
  5. offcamber macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2007
    Same thing here.
    Unplug and plug it back in.
    It should charge to 100%.
    Doesn't explain why this is happening though.
  6. tim0409 macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2010
    same here - I have to unplug it and plug it in again for a while to get 100% I have calibrated battery too.
  7. smbm macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2011
    I'm getting this too! I just plugged it in again and it seemed to charge okay but then started dropping off very quickly, I plugged it in again and wazzed it back up to 100% and it seems to be discharging as normal.

Am going to take it in and get it checked out when I get a chance.
  8. patpatbut thread starter macrumors newbie

May 14, 2009
    Yea just unplugged and replugged to get 100% again...weird
    Seems it is a common issue for 4S but not my iPhone 4 though (I have been using that for one year without this issue)

What do you think guys? is it a hardware or IOS 5 related issue?