Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patpatbut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2009
Hi everyone. Have anyone got this problem? I have calibrated the battery and it is still showing this problem. Any thoughts?:confused:

gatd

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
reset the phone holding the power and home buttons making sure that the phone is NOT plugged in when you do it.Then charge again

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Make sure your dock connector is not loose - I had an issue with mine and had it swapped out. The right side was loose and the USB cable wouldn't sit still - even the slightly movement would cause it not too stay in correctly.

It will look like it's charging but somehow it doesn't charge all the way through. I would start there.

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Same thing here.
Unplug and plug it back in.
It should charge to 100%.
Doesn't explain why this is happening though.

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
same here - I have to unplug it and plug it in again for a while to get 100% I have calibrated battery too.

smbm

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
I'm getting this too! I just plugged it in again and it seemed to charge okay but then started dropping off very quickly, I plugged it in again and wazzed it back up to 100% and it seems to be discharging as normal.

Am going to take it in and get it checked out when I get a chance.

patpatbut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2009
Yea just unplugged and replugged to get 100% again...weird
Seems it is a common issue for 4S but not my iPhone 4 though (I have been using that for one year without this issue)

What do you think guys? is it a hardware or IOS 5 related issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.