4S Color Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tribaltwo, Oct 29, 2011.

1. tribaltwo macrumors member

Hello,
    Just reserved a white 32 gig i4S at my local Apple Store (YAY ITS ABOUT TIME).
    Thing is, the black unit was not available so I was forced to reserve the white one. Question is:

When I get the white 4S, can I exchange it for a black one within the 30 day limit?

2. OafTobark macrumors 6502

OafTobark

No.

been there done that, along with everyone else on here.

3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Not sure about apple but at&t wanted to charge a $35 restocking fee. But I ended up with a $35 credit on my bill… White is nice!!!

4. tribaltwo thread starter macrumors member

Well that sucks. I was eager to go for the black model...in my opinion they shouldn't charge for something as minuscule as a color change.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Cancel your reservation and wait to grab a black. Problem solved.

6. iSellMyiPhone macrumors newbie

No, they will not let you exchange for a black one. Better wait until they have one available or order online.

7. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

8. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Then maybe you should reserve the color you want.... problem solved.

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Both have restocking fees, both are liberal.

10. siurpeeman, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

apple doesn't charge a restocking fee on returns.

op, you've waited this long. surely you could wait a little more to reserve the color of your choice.

11. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

come again?

12. DroidRules macrumors 65816

There was a tiny guy with his tiny arm and a very tiny gun sticking out of his phone "forcing" OP to get the white one.

13. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

It's hardly "minuscule" - if they let you change, they'd be left with a phone that they couldn't sell as a new one and would have to send back for refurbishing. Why should they let you do that for no charge?

14. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

While normal people understand this the "entitled people" here do not!:eek:

15. Mr.C, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

Mr.C macrumors 601

First of all it's your fault for not reserving the colour you wanted in the first place. You weren't forced to do anything. Secondly what makes you think you're entitled to a return for and/or exchange for a black one just like that. What you should do is cancel the white one and wait until you're able to reserve a black one. Don't blame the retailers for something that was your mistake.

16. macjob macrumors newbie

Apple Ts and Cs say that for any purchase from the Apple Store, you can return any iPhone 4s if not fully satisfied within 30 days, and no re-stocking fee applies.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Please make it stop.

You were forced, huh? :rolleyes:

Why the hell should any company do that? They then have to sell it as a refurb and make less.

18. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

So are you guys saying Apple won't exchange the phone for one of another color?? That's lame if so.

I got a white one a few days ago. The next morning, I returned it, disgusted with it. Not the color... I really didn't care for iOS or how the phone worked compared to my Droid X.

That same afternoon, my Droid X met an unfortunate demise when it fell out of my jacket pocket in the parking lot (without my knowledge) and got backed over before I found it again.

Disgusted, and having already used the insurance on the phone two months earlier, I decided I would get an iPhone again since there was nothing else out that I wanted. I so reserved another iPhone online and went the next day to get it. This time I got a black one, because I felt the white one looked like a toy (my wife loves her white one, fwiw).

They gave me no issues at all going back to get the phone again. I even told them what happened, because they had to call into Verizon to get my upgrade "fixed" since the return hadn't reset it. But they were totally cool with it. I'll admit I was worried since I had just returned one two days before.

So now I've had it for a few days, and I do like a lot of things about it, but there are a number of things about it that I don't like. I'll get used to it, and besides, it gives me a reason to finally dive into iOS development.

Besides, I have another line that's eligible for upgrade anyway, so when the Galaxy Nexus comes out, I'll grab one of those too. :) It's time I started doing development other than just web applications.

Rob

19. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I don't know if this is an Apple Store thing, but back in April I went to purchase the iPhone 4 at Best Buy on the day the white version launched. I wanted it but Best Buy didn't have it in yet, so I went ahead and got the black.

After seeing the white one in the Apple Store a few days later I decided that I wanted it instead. I called Best Buy and asked if I could exchange my black one for the white and they said yes. I immediately went in and did it.

20. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Some people crack me up with their sense of entitlement. Oh well, karma will catch up with them one day.

When you go to buy a new car, do they let you drive away with the color they have on the lot and let you trade it out for free when your color comes in?

21. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I tried this with my girlfriend and she dumped me and said I was crazy. When I picked her out I wasn't expecting to fall for another color...