4s crashing and battery drain

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by steleven9, Aug 29, 2012.

1. steleven9 macrumors member

I know the answer to this is to head to the genius bar, but my 4s continues to crash when sending MMS pics and during other random events. The battery is also draining every night. I thought it was due to lack of memory, so I wiped all data and restored the phone yesterday. When I went to bed last night the battery was at 40%, 7 hours later it was completely dead again, and had to be charged.

Am I missing something here?

2. iAlphard macrumors regular

My post on another thread

Try this, Charge your battery to full to 100%. And then when you go to sleep, turn on airplane mode. If the battery goes to below 99% in the morning, then your battery is faulty and you should buy a new battery. But if not, then :
    1. The problem lies on the system, download apps that can check your processor load, memory load and process on the background.
    2. Your network provider doesn't have good 3G signal on your area, that means your 4s receiver and processor is doing more load to get good 3G reception.

I have tried this myself, i tested it for almost 18 hours and the damn battery is still at 100%. I thought the battery was faulty before i tried this. I tested with airplane mode on, siri was still on, GPS stuffs was still partly on. But mostly the phone was in standby, i didn't do anything while i was testing, the total usage was just 30 minutes for checking the usage time, and it was still 100%.

All in all, i think the receiver antenna or network hardware design is still not that strong and effective on the 4s.

So, i suggest, control your apps and 3G reception. Or even better, buy battery case if you don't want to worry about your battery. But checking your processor load on apps and memory is a must, so your 4s won't get too hot and your battery drain will be even worse.

3. steleven9 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. I decided to go ahead and go to my Genius appointment and they ended up putting a new battery in it.