4S data plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by terrimac, Oct 7, 2011.

1. terrimac macrumors newbie

When I upgraded a second line this morning AT&T required I upgrade my 2G data plan to the 2G 4S data plan. I had planned on switching sims so my main line which is a 4 and on unlimited data could be used with the 4S. Anyone know if this is still going to work? Anyone else encounter this? Thanks!

2. terrimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Can I get some love here?

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

Should be no change to your primary line, you can continue to use your existing iPhone Unlimited data plan with the new iPhone 4S. You did not make any changes your primary line.

What device will you have on your secondary line? If it is not going to be an iPhone or Smartphone then you can just call AT&T, provide the IMEI of that device and drop the new 2GB 4S data plan on the secondary line.

Dave

4. terrimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for replying! Second line is/was a 3G.

5. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Not to hijack the thread but if AT&T decides to call this phone a "4G" phone, I should be able to continue with my Unlimited Data, right?

6. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

no

7. terrimac thread starter macrumors newbie